Re: how to run automake/conf on newlib

Joel Sherrill wrote:
"J. Johnston" wrote:

The instructions are valid.  I am able to use autoconf 2.13 in
the specified directory with no problems.  I do not know why your autoconf 2.13
is failing and mine works fine.  Perhaps this is an issue for the autoconf
maintainers.

Could you please doublecheck your auto* versions against newlib 1.11.0
and report the versions you are using?
I think you have to use a new autoconf and an old automake. I think I made it work with the combination of autoconf 2.57 and automake
1.4-p5.

Newlib has never tested using autoconf 2.5x and it is not
supported.

Hmmm... me thinks you are wrong here.  newlib 1.11.0 has
this all over the place:

../a29k/configure.in:AC_PREREQ(2.5)
../arm/configure.in:AC_PREREQ(2.5)
../d10v/configure.in:AC_PREREQ(2.5)
../d30v/configure.in:AC_PREREQ(2.5)

That's autoconf version 2.5 which is less that autoconf version 2.13 and is less than autoconf version 2.50.

Earnie.