Re: how to run automake/conf on newlib

"J. Johnston" wrote:

> The instructions are valid.  I am able to use autoconf 2.13 in
> the specified directory with no problems.  I do not know why your autoconf 2.13
> is failing and mine works fine.  Perhaps this is an issue for the autoconf
> maintainers.

Could you please doublecheck your auto* versions against newlib 1.11.0
and report the versions you are using?

I think you have to use a new autoconf and an old automake.  I think
I made it work with the combination of autoconf 2.57 and automake
1.4-p5.

> Newlib has never tested using autoconf 2.5x and it is not
> supported.

Hmmm... me thinks you are wrong here.  newlib 1.11.0 has
this all over the place:

../a29k/configure.in:AC_PREREQ(2.5)
../arm/configure.in:AC_PREREQ(2.5)
../d10v/configure.in:AC_PREREQ(2.5)
../d30v/configure.in:AC_PREREQ(2.5)

I think the combination is old automake and new autoconf.  <sigh>  This
is a weird combination.  All the other tools I have done this with are
either stuck on old versions or at the bleeding edge.  I haven't seen
one straddling the fence like this.

--joel