This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: Compress debug sections for Linux/x86 by default
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>, Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, Paul Koning <Paul_Koning at dell dot com>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Thomas Schwinge <thomas at codesourcery dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 04:45:16 -0800
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Compress debug sections for Linux/x86 by default
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <536F5890-7760-456F-A793-586D5493C3B2 at dell dot com> <CAMe9rOoPP6SDOG_Ypp8u+0YcA6K32XjzRnoDrVerof0B7hXGEg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150109034004 dot GE5177 at adacore dot com> <CAMe9rOqBv=CiPg2pUnY5HqWKzbqa9yyKgXWJWW6FH4gdxb1USw at mail dot gmail dot com> <E84FB265-3FC7-4FD3-B894-45145A5A55DD at adacore dot com> <CAMe9rOo2np7Q1sQwVyV02zYFB=ndCz5iGVKE7oF12ifxzkjY8Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150112042920 dot GE23768 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <CAMe9rOoU08h-WGHZq_Pwm=nGV1nDNPwvQqsh7UAp-UL6C6P1xQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150220122546 dot GS29052 at adacore dot com> <CAMe9rOpXYo9WyTaey3sKiu7QyAXNB3mNbUzE6_dto2tq2q=mxQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150220123839 dot GT29052 at adacore dot com> <CAMe9rOrMg9pP4EgcWxdXjLb1AkWhqa3tMDqpxr14tB53RKAR5A at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 4:42 AM, H.J. Lu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 4:38 AM, Joel Brobecker <email@example.com> wrote:
>>> > Given how difficult it is for me to get someone with approval
>>> > privileges to even comment on the patch that allows someone to
>>> > build with zlib at a non-standard location, I would say that
>>> > this is not the friendliest option at the moment.
>>> What is wrong with in-tree zlib?
>> Can you explain further?
> Sorry I didn't realize that we only put zlib in gcc tree, not in
> binutils+gdb tree.
BTW, that may be one reason why GCC developers, like me,
got confused by your zlib patch.
> Will copy it over from gcc tree work?