This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: --with-sysroot=/ linker search path
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 09:18:17 +0930
- Subject: Re: --with-sysroot=/ linker search path
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20130903151753 dot GW3430 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <alpine dot BSF dot 2 dot 02 dot 1309041709260 dot 58818 at arjuna dot pair dot com>
On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 05:36:19PM -0400, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> So cross targets lose $tooldir/lib?
> $tooldir/lib is where all
> libraries and objects are installed for my non-sysrooted cross
> builds (actually, that's what I hoped we could make the default
> for builds without --with-sysroot some time in the future),
How ever does that work? I mean, given an x86_64-linux host with
default configured binutils, the directory we're taking about is
/usr/local/x86_64-linux-gnu/lib, and you would have this used by
any cross target? What if I want both arm and powerpc cross support?
I can't put both arm and powerpc libs in the same dir!
Australia Development Lab, IBM