This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: --with-sysroot=/ linker search path
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 21:32:31 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: --with-sysroot=/ linker search path
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20130903151753 dot GW3430 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <alpine dot BSF dot 2 dot 02 dot 1309041709260 dot 58818 at arjuna dot pair dot com> <20130904234817 dot GY3430 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On Thu, 5 Sep 2013, Alan Modra wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 05:36:19PM -0400, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> > So cross targets lose $tooldir/lib?
> > $tooldir/lib is where all
> > libraries and objects are installed for my non-sysrooted cross
> > builds (actually, that's what I hoped we could make the default
> > for builds without --with-sysroot some time in the future),
> How ever does that work? I mean, given an x86_64-linux host with
> default configured binutils, the directory we're taking about is
> /usr/local/x86_64-linux-gnu/lib, and you would have this used by
> any cross target?
No, the $target in $tooldir here is the cross target.
...but that's obvious, there must be something I'm missing.
Double-checking: we're talking about the contents of the
SEARCH_DIR parentheses in the default linker script for a cross