Re: Clean up state on patchwork

On Mon, 28 Sep 2015, Mike Frysinger wrote:

> > What if you're on vacation? What if you're busy? The patchwork queue
> > is still really helpful to keep your list of patches you need to go
> > back to and resubmit.
>
> my proposal doesn't prevent that.  perform a search where the owner is you and
> the state is set to dropped.

Dropped is for patches the submitter decided to drop.  It's meant to be an
explicit submitter decision that a patch is no longer of relevance, not
someone else's decision.

I don't think we should consider the AArch64 ILP32 patches, for example,
as being dropped (currently at 11 months since submission) simply because
of how long it takes to get the ILP32 support into the Linux kernel (maybe
we should use the Deferred state in such cases, though there seems to be
very little use of it at present and it's not clear if the Deferred
patches are correctly listed as such; Deferred patches need occasional
review to see if the conditions of the deferral still apply or if the
patch can now be reviewed, rather than it being a dumping ground we don't
because we've been unduly slow at reviewing it.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com