crosscompiling linux kernel 2.4.0: problems with copy_mm

My host is a i586-linux, my target a ppc-linux. I installed the target
libs and includes and the "make all-gcc" compiled fine. I have been able
to compile an "hello.c" (hello world) program, but when I try to compile
the kernel, I get a:

fork.c: In function `copy_mm':
fork.c:351: fixed or forbidden register 68 (0) was spilled for class
CR0_REGS.
This may be due to a compiler bug or to impossible asm
statements or clauses.

Anyone knows what this is? I haven't cross-compile the libs, I though I
had the target one, that they should be enough. Do I have to cross
compile the libs as well? That is, after "make all-gcc; make install" is
there any other make I must do?

TIA

Paulo