This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: powerpc ld configure
- From: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 09:48:35 -0500
- Subject: Re: powerpc ld configure
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160825141025.GA3677@bubble.grove.modra.org>
On 8/25/16 9:10 AM, Alan Modra wrote:
This fixes a few problems in the powerpc ld configury.
1) Using powerpc*le-* to test for powerpcle and powerpc64le would
incorrectly match a target triple like powerpc-apple-elf.
2) In the same vein, *64* could match 64 in the user supplied MANUF-OS
part of the target triple.
3) tooldir vars were missing, and some target aliases would result in
ridiculous values for those tdir_* vars given.
4) Since 2016-04-25, BE support was added automatically when asking
for an LE target. If that is a good idea, then so is adding LE
support when asking for BE.
* configure.tgt (powerpc*-*-linux* et al): Rewrite, adding LE
support for BE. First output all target endian configury
values, then opposite endian. Handle more tooldirs. Fix
bogus matches with strings in MANUF-OS part of target triple.
I see this just missed the 2.27 release. Can we get it committed there?