Re: Problem with "file" command from CVS_HEAD

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 00:04 -1100, Accounts wrote:

> It is possible that there are calls the gdb_loc for $pc, which do not
> properly handle this error,  I believe this is a seperate issue, and
> they will become plain with time.  I have not experienced any problems
> (with my brief testing) to indicate this is actually the case.
>
> I Believe this is the correct thing to do.

Hmm. I'm not so sure... So what happens if you're not running and you
type something like "tk gdb_loc main". Does it return something useful?

The problem is, of course, that there is no specific way to pass an
error like this to the UI (the error is really an ignorable one in this
case). We don't want invocations of gdb_loc to fail because we don't
have a running target. I guess we could always pass some sort of fixed
constant string (like "NOT_RUNNING" or something) instead of the PC
value to indicate no registers or not running...

I guess an easier way to see whether your patch works: Does the function
browser work before you are running? Or you could simply type in the
name of a file or function in the combo boxes in the tool bar.