Re: Current Status of Insight

> Christofer Fayler Wrote:
AFAICT, we need people to:

1) fix bugs

2) test (on linux/unix/cygwin)

3) produce snapshots and releases

4) maintain and update the web page

5) maintain and update the documentation

6) add new features

7) respond to queries on the mailing list

And I add

8) Review and Apply user submited patches

The project is only "dead" because no one is actively caring for it.
Making it part of gdb does not mean that someone will magically appear
to keep it alive.  You still need people to do that.

It is apparent that there are a reasonable number of people that want to get involved, from the various replies.

For my part, I want to help with
    (1 - already doing it now
    (2 - linux in an X Debug envirnoment for MPC8XX and ARM
    (3 - A Major Requirement, which im happy to do
    (4 - Im also happy to update the web site, to the limit of my
       - meagre HTML and WEB Design skills.
    (5 - Should be part of the review process for new
       - patches/features. Cant or shouldnt go in without appropriate
       - documentation. Similar to what happens with core
       - gdb.
    (6 - Id like to add the ability to view memory as an
       - arbitrary bitmap, plus put watchpoints on memory
       - dumps
    (7 - As far as my capability and ego allow.
    (8 - Im happy to do it, but my experience level probably means
       - I shouldnt.

What next?

Do we have any other new volunteers that are putting up their hands?

Steven Johnson