Re: Quick pc hack for exe loading

Mark Wielaard wrote:
Hi Andrew,

On Fri, 2007-11-23 at 12:30 -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:
Rick Moseley wrote:
Hi Mark,

Cool. That ought to be fine.

Yea, except this bit:

+ this.bankBuffers = sendrecRegisterBuffersFIXME();

the word "FIXME" should be a hint.

Indeed, that was moved from the pre-cached function sendrecRegisterBanks() to the cache in the constructor and also why I added the XXX and comment. I assume this is because you are in the middle of moving Isa and register related methods to their own package? Or is that work finished now and these remaining FIXME() methods just need to be cleaned up now?

The XXX comment:

+      // Fake PC.  XXX should be done in Proc instead of creating Elf
+      // object in the Task itself.

seems unrelated.

The comment for getRegisterBuffers notes:

 protected abstract ByteBuffer[] sendrecRegisterBuffersFIXME();
 /**
  * Return the machine's register banks as an array.
  *
  * XXX: This is being replaced by "getRegisterBanks()" that returns
  * a class that abstracts the ByteArray[] + BankRegister
  * combination.
  */
 public ByteBuffer[] getRegisterBuffersFIXME ()

what prevents the use of getRegisterBanks()?

Andrew

Cheers,

Mark