exe target is nice for that since it is so simple. The attached patch
sets up the PC value and makes it possible to see where the exe would
start:

(fhpd) load /bin/bash
Loaded executable file: /bin/bash
(fhpd) where
[0.0]
DebugInfoStackFactory.printStackTrace() numberOfFrames 0
#0 0x0000000000419150 in _start () from /bin/bash

It still cannot actually do the other way around though:

(fhpd) print _start
[0.0]
Error: Object _start was not found

Haven't looked into why that was since I was only interested in the
stack thing.

2007-11-23 Mark Wielaard <mwielaard@redhat.com>

        * LinuxExeTask.java (bankBuffers): New final field.
        (LinuxExeTask): Setup bankBuffers and explicitly set pc.
        (sendrecRegisterBanks): Use cached bankBuffers.

It is a bit of a hack (as the comment explains), but it seems to work
great and all tests still pass with this applied. Feel free to rip it
out and completely replace with a real, less hacky, solution though.

Cheers,

Mark