This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [AArch64][2.25 Backport] Improve PC-relative relocation check for shared library
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Jiong Wang <wong dot kwongyuan dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 09:56:00 +0200
- Subject: Re: [AArch64][2.25 Backport] Improve PC-relative relocation check for shared library
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAfDdZ2Yx+ibYmaf4HXqcuSzSVVNu_ksXSA3eqe-cGhYZr6UNg at mail dot gmail dot com>
> On 29 Apr 2015, at 14:32, Jiong Wang <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> 2015-04-24 17:21 GMT+01:00 Nicholas Clifton <email@example.com>:
>> Hi Jiong,
>>> 2015-04-16 Jiong. Wang <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>> * elfnn-aarch64.c (elfNN_aarch64_final_link_relocate): Reject
>>> PC-relative relocation for external symbol.
>>> * ld-aarch64/pcrel.s: New testcase.
>>> * ld-aarch64/pcrel_pic_defiend_local.d: New expect file.
>>> * ld-aarch64/pcrel_pic_undefined.d: Ditto.
>>> * ld-aarch64/aarch64-elf.exp: Run them.
>> Approved - please apply.
> This patch cleanly applied to 2.25, OK to backport?
Just in case of misunderstanding: the branch 2.25 is the last release branch,
not the trunk.
It is ok to backport your patch to the 2.25 branch.