This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [AArch64][Backport 2.25] PR18270, fix handling of GOT entry for local symbol
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Jiong Wang <wong dot kwongyuan dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 09:56:12 +0200
- Subject: Re: [AArch64][Backport 2.25] PR18270, fix handling of GOT entry for local symbol
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAfDdZ1d4BiEhkVvW56pupcZxMG52RwohDsVXZwo8x7btGgfpg at mail dot gmail dot com>
> On 29 Apr 2015, at 14:34, Jiong Wang <email@example.com> wrote:
> 2015-04-24 23:37 GMT+01:00 Jiong Wang <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
>> 2015-04-24 15:23 GMT+01:00 Nicholas Clifton <email@example.com>:
>>> Hi Jiong,
>>>> * elfnn-aarch64.c (elfNN_aarch64_size_dynamic): Count local symbol for
>>>> GOT_NORMAL for both sgot/srelgot section.
>>>> (elfNN_aarch64_final_link_relocate): Relocate against GOT entry
>>>> address and generate necessary runtime relocation for GOT entry.
>>> Approved - but ... I do not like having calls to abort() inside a library.
>>> It rarely helps the user. It would be better I think to replace them with
>>> calls to bdf_error_handler, providing an error message that tells the user
>>> that there has been an internal error.
> This patch cleanly applied to 2.25 branch.
> OK to backport?
Yes, ok for 2.25