This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: mapping of stripped section syms
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 20:12:32 +1030
- Subject: Re: mapping of stripped section syms
- References: <20120323092627.GK5097@bubble.grove.modra.org> <98A835F1-DAC5-4D46-BFFB-F3C3628FE900@adacore.com>
On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 10:32:04AM +0100, Tristan Gingold wrote:
> On Mar 23, 2012, at 10:26 AM, Alan Modra wrote:
> > FDPR sometimes gets confused due to GNU ld's stripping of empty output
> > sections.
> Are you talking about 'Feedback Directed Program Restructuring' tool from IBM ?
> (Didn't know it was available on more platforms than AIX).
Linux powerpc too. It's the reason why the binutils powerpc backend
fusses about making -q output match tls optimisation, something
most other backends don't bother doing.
Australia Development Lab, IBM