RE: xsl:number counting "cousins"

Michael Kay:

>Doesn't
>
><xsl:number level="any" from="table"/>
>
>give you what you want?

Thanks a lot. That solved it. The <fo:table-column> elements are now
numbered correctly.

I have another related problem: These numbers is used in the same
attributes in the <fo:table-cell> elements. I don't know how to achieve the
right numbering when cells are spanned horisontally or vertically. In this
example,

+---+---+---+
|   |   |   |
+---+---+---+
|       | X |
+-------+---+

X has the column number 3, not 2. And in this example,

|   +---+---+

X has column number 2, not 1.

I think I need some advice on how to find out the right column number for
each cell.

Gustaf