RE: Quick question

> Hello all!
>
> A quick question... for example if say main.html has a "select rating"
> with values from 1-5 that increments by .5, i would like to take that
> value in an xsl document and depending upon the rating that is in the
> result set display only the hotels that have that rating.

a) you will need to use <xsl:param/> to get the variable inside the xslt
( no JS style control ...though you could use xslt to autogenerate the
javascript )

b)you would then use <xsl:choose/> to to a case style switch to do something
based on a value ( or use a xsl:if, or a key )

c) so I see an xml /xslt pair that calls itself; you could call the file by
having a onChange the select control to reload stylesheet of course you will
need to know how your particular XSLT processor takes in parameters

d) ther are a few relevent tutorials at www.topxml.com and
www.bayes.co.uk/xml ( if using IE )

e) consider your first free question used up, because this is something you
should read up about on your own ( get a book or goto XSLT FAQ )

gl, jim fuller