RE: hardware xml / xslt

Hi,

I was not thinking of linking them dynamically. When compiling the primary XSL,
you know what includes are present. I was wondering if there was some way to
statically link the includes so it would mimic a fully compiled XSL, but still
keep it separate for memory purposes. Of course, I don't know how to do this :)

> I'm currently working on a different approach, which is to make sure
> that all the unused variables, templates etc from imported modules are
> discarded from the compiled stylesheet. This creates a few problems for
> things like saxon:evaluate(): which actually confirms the reasons some
> implementors were reluctant to put an evaluate() function in the spec.

Isn't this totally dependant on the source XML? How can you know which variables
and templates will be unused if you are making the decision at compile time?
Wouldn't you need the source and any XML brought in through the document
function?

I assume everyone strives to only write XSL that has what they need. I don't
always need every template for every transformation, but when I need it, I need
it. Most likely, I am missing something here??

best,
-Rob