RE: apache fop - formating question

Thomas Sandor wrote:
>I have some sentences in a paragraph and have a picture (an
illustration for
>it). what I'd like to do is insert a picture e.g. in the center of the
page
>and have the sentences from the paragraph sourround it. (not like 1
>sentence, then comes the picture, and the second line comes from far
behind
>the bottom of the picture.)

Reading the above again I see you want to do the following:

Sentences start-->Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
                  Hhhhhh picture hhhhhh
			Hhhhhh picture hhhhhh
			Hhhhhh picture hhhhhh
			Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

which I was hoping what you wanted was to have your text spiral around
the  picture, like
hhhhhhhhhhhhh
hh picture hh
hh picture hh
hh picture hh
hhhhhhh <--direction of text path

which would not be extremely difficult to do in svg. What you want could
also be done in svg, The recommendation is thus to use
fo:instream-foreign-object and to try to generate svg appropriate to
what you wish to achieve. More than that I cannot say without some
examples.