Re: Implementing XPointer Resolution With saxon:evaluate()

Jeni Tennison wrote:

> The namespace for the EXSLT Functions module is:
>
>   http://exslt.org/functions

Once again, "Doh!". This is one reason pair programming is so
effective--a coding partner would have surely caught this mistake right
away (a "didn't cut and paste error").

Now I have my indirection function working as intended.

One thing I have a question about is how to generate an empty node list.
I am currently doing this:

      <func:result select="fcommon:node-set()"/>

Which works using Saxon's built-in implementation of node-set(), but I
didn't see anything in the definition of node-set() on the EXSLT site
that unambiguously justifies this behavior in that it doesn't say what
the behavior is when the object parameter is omitted. Given that an
empty result returns a null string, I could easily see implementors
making ommitted objects result in a node set consisting of a single text
node representing an empty string. Am I being too paranoid or is
node-set() underspecified on the EXSLT docs?

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Eliot
--