RE: Building html table from atributes

To make it sure that I understood correctly:

> First an XSLT 2.0 solution:
>
> <xsl:variable name="doc" select="/XDocument"/>
// variable that points to root element

> <xsl:for-each select="1 to max($doc/XDocCell/@col)">
// selects all elements (attribute col of XDocCells) from 1 to the max,
// using the doc variable.

>   <xsl:variable name="col" select="position()"/>
// col variable that declares position

>   <xsl:for-each select="1 to max($doc/XDocCell/@row)">
// selects all elements (attribute row of XDocCells) from 1 to the max,
// using the doc variable.

>     <xsl:variable name="row" select="position()"/>
// row variable that declares position

// selects all row and col atributes (from xml file) that equals
// variables row and col

>   </xsl:for-each>
> </xsl:for-each>
>
> The XSLT 1.0 solution has the same structure, except you need to be a
> bit more inventive.
>
> To iterate a fixed number of times, use the approach:
> <xsl:for-each select="(//node())[position() &lt;= $n]">

// selects nodes whose position is less or equal to variable n, correct?