RE: sending parameters with apply-templates doesn't work?

I don't think you understood my comment. The root
that is being returned by document() is / -- not
/bookmarkedcategories which is the first node in
the tree of this other document. I think you
need to change the document() call to document()/bookmarkedcategories
to insure that it's hitting the right template.

Sara

[snipped]
> That shouldn't be a problem, the document function returns  a
> nodeset with
> bookmarkedcategories as root...
[snipped]