Xalan information

I appologize for posting a vendor/product question to this group.
Unfortunately, I have gotten no response from the any Xalan specific
address I've e-mailed to.   I'm also having problems getting out to the
Apache website today, so I can't research questions regarding XML Schema
support.

1) What's the differences between the Xalan C++ 'Xalan' and 'testXSLT'
executables?  Why would I select one over the other?

2) I'm starting to check into XML validation.  My thought was to go the
XML Schema route as opposed to the DTD route.   Do either of these Xalan
XSL processors support validation via XML Schema?  If not is there
something else I could utilize which does? I'd prefer
standalone/prebuilt executables?  We're attempting to do all of our
XML/XSL processing without doing any programming (other than writing
XML/XSL files).

Thanks,
Ed Knoll

--
Edward L. Knoll   Phone (work)     : (719)484-2717
                  e-mail (work)    : f49660c@cosd.fedex.com