Re: Practicality of Separating Data from Presentation

Hi, more of a question...

intelikon@email.com wrote:

- XSLT is good for some things, some rather easy things become very
hard to
do in XSLT... XSLT is a very good partner to existing languages. In
addition, u can use XSLT as a preprocessor, auto generating ASP for
example.
This is where XSLT is a star in auto generating code for you.
My next question, James, would be, what is the best way (in your opinion) for auto-generating ASP?  Do you have any examples of ASP code being generated through an XSLT file?  Does it involve 'overloading' the XSLT file with ASP code - i.e. writing some ASP code within the XSLT file?  I have seen some code like the following:

<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&lt;</xsl:text>%= Now %<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&gt;</xsl:text>

as a way to create ASP code.  What would be some pro's and con's to this approach - assuming there are both?

Is there a way to write well-formed ASP? You can with JSP. If so, you won't need to write all the escapes (and people won't throw rocks when you ask questions :).

best,
-Rob