RE: disable-output-escaping

Mike,

Whatever your user is typing into needs to be smart enough to escape characters not allowed in XML into representations XML does allow.

It's really no different from (although not so complex as) having a mechanism to turn "July 1" into "01-07" if that's what your processor needs.

What if they type in:

<hey! this is my tag --not!>

into the interface? :->

Whatever software is picking up this data could wrap it as

<![CDATA[<hey! this is my tag --not!>]]>

and then you'd be home free. Except for having to catch when they type the string ']]>'. It might be easier to do a pass to turn & into & amp ; (but no spaces) and < into & lt ;.

Note: this really isn't an XSL question, but has to do with the basic rules of what's XML (and what only claims to be).

Cheers,
Wendell