Re: how concat() attributes of several elements

<xsl:template match="map">
  <xsl:variable name="cities">
    <xsl:for-each select="location">
      <xsl:value-of select="@city"/>
    </xsl:for-each>
  </xsl:variable>
  <xsl:text>concatenated cities: </xsl:text>
  <xsl:value-of select="$cities"/>
</xsl:template>

Regards,

Joerg

Lloyd, Colin wrote:
Hello,
I am struggling with unupdateable characteristics of xsl variables. If I
have the following xml fragment.

<map>
<location country="us" city="washington"/>
<location country="us" city="detroit"/>
<location country="us" city="dallas"/>
</mapr>

How could I concatenate all the city attributes so that the result is
"washingtondetroitdallas" and assign it to a variable. In java I would
normally
set up a for loop and concat the result of the first iteration to the
subsequent iteration and so on...

Thanks

--

System Development