Re: FW: Carriage return in XSL output

Hi,

it would be a good idea not to address your xsl-list mails to xsl-list-digest as well, wouldn't it?

Thanx,

Hans.

trang_nguyen@agilent.com wrote:

Hi,
Sorry, I found that I had a syntax problem. This works fine:

<description>
Cost Factor1: <xsl:value-of select="@CostFactor1"/><xsl:text>&#xD</xsl:text>
Cost Factor2: <xsl:value-of select="@CostFactor2"/><xsl:text>&#xD</xsl:text>
Cost Factor3: <xsl:value-of select="@CostFactor3"/><xsl:text>&#xD</xsl:text>
</description>

Regards,
Trang

I am running into problems inserting whitespace characters into my output document. The following syntax in my stylesheet produces an error during transformation (with both MSXML4 and xalan):

<description>
Cost Factor1: <xsl:value-of select="@CostFactor1"/><text>&#xD</text>
Cost Factor2: <xsl:value-of select="@CostFactor2"/><text>&#xD</text>
Cost Factor3: <xsl:value-of select="@CostFactor3"/><text>&#xD</text>
</description>

Error: An invalid character was found

If I don't specify the carriage return within the text node body, I get the error: Whitespace is not allowed at this location.

<description>
Cost Factor1: <xsl:value-of select="@CostFactor1"/>&#xD
Cost Factor2: <xsl:value-of select="@CostFactor2"/>&#xD
Cost Factor3: <xsl:value-of select="@CostFactor3"/>&#xD
</description>

Can someone tell me the correct way to handle this? Thanks!

Trang