fo:page-sequence usage

Hello all,
  Here's my situation:
  I have an outline.xml and a question.xml.  The data from each is combined
via xslt into a single fo file which is then use for pdf generation.
  Typically, the outline information is in one page sequence and questions
are in another in order to insure that they start on a new page, but also so
that I have the opportunity to use different page headers in the
static-content area (but this isn't essential).  But really I guess the main
reason is to make pdf generation less memory intensive.
  However, it now appears that some chapters do not start questions on a new
page.  The code between the <fo:page-sequence> and </fo:page-sequence>
remains the same in either case.  However, what it looks like I need to be
able to do is not use the fo:page-sequence element in certain cases.  So,
here's what I need to be able to do --
  <fo:page-sequence>
    code to generate outline fo
  </fo:page-sequence>
  <fo:page-sequence><!-- if questions should start on a new page -->
    code to generate questions fo
  </fo:page-sequence>

<!-- if questions should continue from the last page of outline -->
  <fo:page-sequence>
    code to generate outline fo
    code to generate questions fo  <!-- this code is the same as above, but
can be quite long -->
  </fo:page-sequence>

Does anybody have any suggestions for handling this condition in an
efficient manner?
thanks much,
   Matthew L. Avizinis <mailto:mla@gleim.com>
Gleim Publications, Inc.