unresolved problem using html

Hi to all!
I've got the following problem :
I want to insert in my stylesheet an HTML string coming from a database
and I want to display it not as a string.
For example , if the string is "<b>TEXT</b>" , the output must be TEXT
(bold)
if the string is "<a href="file.php">FILE</a>" , i will be able to jump
to file.php clicking on FILE ; instead on my monitor I obtain ....
<b......</b> or <a href= ......</a> .
Unfortunately I don't know all xsl functions and so I don't know if it
is possible to do that.
I've tried to build XML transforming HTML tags into XML tags , but I
wasn't able because string can contain also tags as <a href....> or

-> (other question: is it possible include the output of a file into xsl
? My idea was to call a JSP file that gives the HTML string that I need
, something like "<xsl:display-output-file....>" . Does something
similar exist? )

Please give me any kind of suggestions.
Thanks