RE: How to pass search path as variable and get back node list.

There is no standard way in XSLT 1.0 of constructing an XPath expression
from a string at run-time. You can do it in several products (e.g. Xalan,
Saxon) using the xx:evaluate() extension function.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com
work: Michael.Kay@softwareag.com