From: Meiyu Lin [mailto:MeiyuL@bsquare.com]
Sent: woensdag 27 maart 2002 03:27
To: 'XSL-List@lists.mulberrytech.com'
Subject: [xsl] ASP, XSL, XML QUESTION

Can anyone help on the following question?
I have some xml files, have the following data:
File1:
<library>
    <book category="fiction">
       <author>J.K.Rowling</author>
        <title>Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone</title>
        <publisher>Bloomsbury</publisher>
        <ISBN>0747532745</ISBN>
    </book>
    <book category="non-fiction">
        <author>Julian Cope</author>
        <title>The Modern Antiquarian</title>
        <publisher>Thorsons</publisher>
        <ISBN>0722535996</ISBN>
    </book>
    <book category="humor">
        <author>Peter Blegvad</author>
        <title>The Book of Leviathan</title>
        <publisher>Sort Of</publisher>
        <ISBN>0953522725</ISBN>
    </book>
</library>

File2, File3 also has the different books info.

  <textarea ID="BookEdit" class="BookNameEditDesc" rows='4'>
  <xsl:value-of select="book"/></textarea><br />
the above xsl will give the following output::

when user click on the > or < button, this will move to display next
/Previous book.

The following asp page code will load the file:
The ModifyFName is dynamic, its depends on the user click from the previous
page

So I can't use <XML ID="booksDoc" SRC=" ModifyFName.xml" ></XML>

<%
// Load the project XML
xmlDoc = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");
xmlDoc.async = false;
xmlDoc.load(modifyFName);

// Load the Modify Project XSL
var styleFile = Server.MapPath("ModifyProject.xsl");
xslDoc = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");
xslDoc.async = false;
xslDoc.load(styleFile);

result = xmlDoc.transformNode(xslDoc);
Response.Write(result);
%>

in my xsl I use:
<xsl:value-of select="book"/></textarea><br />

I can get the first book, but how can I put next book to an array in xsl
when user click so I can move to next book?

Thank you for your help.

Meiyu Lin
Phone: (425) 519-5211
http://www.bsquare.com