Any limits on match value

We have the following:

	<xsl:template match="/element1/element2/element3
			        |/element1/element2/element4
			        |/element1/element2/element5">
	..
	..
	..

I have some grave concerns about this general "coding technique" anyway, but
xalan seems to think it's OK.

The problem is that the developers want to extend it from the 3 tests shown
to approx 30, and increasing all the time. Once the match values get to a
certain size (at least that's what I think it is) xalan decides that it
can't parse it anymore. If my theory is correct, does anyone know if there
is a limit on the match length ?

TIA

Nissan Motor Manufacturing (UK) Limited.
Registered in England Number 1806912 Registered Office Washington Road, Sunderland Tyne & Wear SR5 3NS
Telephone : +44 (191) 415 0000

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended for the addressee only.  If you are not the addressee you may not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it, or any part of it, in any form whatsoever.  If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender and ensure that all copies of this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are deleted.

Any views or opinions represented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Nissan or its affiliate companies.

Although this e-mail and its attachments have been scanned for the presence of computer viruses, Nissan will not be liable for any losses as a result of any viruses being passed on.