RE: XML apparently cannot be used for general text markup: whitespace gripe

>  I've noticed a lot of xml-derived web pages out there have screwed up
> whitespace (words crammed together or an incorrect space before ending
> punctuation).
>
>  Does anyone know of a work-around for this common problem?

The author of the XML, as well as the stylesheet writer, needs to know
whether or not whitespace is significant. In mixed content, it usually is.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com
work: Michael.Kay@softwareag.com