RE: xsl:param and MSXML

Hi,

I wrote/adapted the following javascript to enable my xsl read
parameters from the calling URL but I am having a problem getting it to
work.
function passParameter(param){
	try{
		var s = new
ActiveXObject("MSXML2.FreeThreadedDOMDocument");
		var x = document.XMLDocument;
		if (x == null){
			x = navigator.XMLDocument;
			s.loadXML(navigator.XSLDocument.xml);
		}else{
			s.loadXML(document.XSLDocument.xml);
		}
		var tem = new ActiveXObject("MSXML2.XSLTemplate");
		tem.stylesheet = s;
		var proc = tem.createProcessor();
		proc.addParameter("element", param);
		proc.input = x;
		proc.transform();
		var str = proc.output;

		var newDoc = document.open("text/html", "replace");
		newDoc.write(str);
		navigator.XMLDocument = x;
		navigator.XSLDocument = s;
		newDoc.close();
	}catch(exception){}
}

I have an xml file called atozindex.xml that is associated with the
server-config file atoz.xml.
The server config file calls the atoz.xsl stylesheet which has the
javascript embedded and has links which should invoke the
passParameter function.  An exception is thrown in the JavaScript but
the message is just Object Error.

I copied the javascript from an example off the www.bayes.co.uk/xml site
given for page breaking, so I would assume that is correct.  I am just
wondering if there is something that has to be configured in order to
get the Javascript to work.

Any advice would be appreciated...
Thanks,
Aedemar