Re: Xpath problem

Hi Kan,

> Thanks for the input, I think its very likely that this could be the
> problem. But I tried what you suggested and couldn't get it to work.
> I am using a cached DOM and calling it thus
>
> Set objCachedDOM = Application("CachedXMLDOM").cloneNode(true)
>
> And I assume this should still work if I did the following : -
>
>    objCachedDOM .setProperty("SelectionLanguage", "XPath")
>    objCachedDOM .selectSingleNode("//Outer[value = '2111']")

I guess that a possible problem is if the cached DOM isn't of the
right kind. Are you sure that the objCachedDOM is a Msxml2.DOMDocument
(from MSXML3 or MSXML4)? I doubt it's the problem, since the
setProperty method would probably raise an error otherwise.

Another possibility would be that the problem is somewhere else in the
process. Are you sure that when you check the node that you've
selected that you're checking it properly? Perhaps you could send more
of the code that you're using in case there's a problem there.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison