Re: UpperCase to Lower Case

Maneshi Tuli wrote:

> for changing the case , you can use translate() function
>
> translate($x, 'abcdef....z','ABCD..Z')

Well, that's fine for English text.  However, the XSLTSL now handles
internationalised text (ie. French, German, etc, case translations).

Also, having hard-coded 'translate()' functions littered
throughout your stylesheets can lead to future maintenance
problems.  That's true of the hard-coded approach in other
circumstances.

XSLTSL represents a *general* solution to these types of
(commonly encountered) problems.  As it happens, case translation
is one of the simpler functions of the library.

Using named templates makes the syntax somewhat clumsy - but that's
XSLT for you.  There's not much we can do about that with XSLT 1.0
(I believe v1.1 should be better).

Cheers,
Steve Ball