Re: TestPresence

[William Rutford]

> i have an xml file
> which is looks like below
>
> <Theatre>
> <actor type="performer" listdefinition="1">
> <actorrank rank="1"/>
> </actor>
> </Theatre>
>
> I have the requirement to check in xsl if there is any actor
> element at all in the Theatre node.. If there is any then there
> are some processing instructions to be applied.
>
> is there a way in XPATH to check if the <Theatre> has <actor>
> element or not??

You will get this to happen automatically when you use xsl:apply-templates:

<xsl:template match='Theatre'>
    <xsl:apply-templates select='actor'/>
</xsl:template>

(I'm assuming that "actor" elements will be immediate children of "Theatre"
elements, but it's not much harder to handle them being at any depth).

Cheers,

Tom P