Re: DocBook XSL - Can't get it to do anything, does it do anything?

hi gary

> I first tried .NET and had many errors.  Now I have also tried Xalan and
> XT but still no luck so now and I am assuming I must be either using the
> wrong style sheets or having completely the wrong idea about what
> Docbook does?
>
> What I have been doing is mashing a test article.xml through the
> processor with the docbook.xsl in the html folder (the one that has
> includes for includes for all the others) and expecting some kind of
> bare bones HTML article result but I get nothing except of course errors
> too complicated to trace or a blank article HTML file.
>
> Hope someone with experience with this might be so kind as to give some
> suggestions.

i also just started playing around with docbook, but i didn't encounter any
problems.

assumed you are in your DOCBOOK_HOME/html directory, have a conformant
testarticle(.xml) and use xalan:

java -classpath
%CLASSPATH%;C:\java\xalan-j_2_0_0\bin\xalan.jar;C:\java\xalan-j_2_0_0\bin\xerces.jar
org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in testarticle.xml -xsl docbook.xsl -out
testarticle.html

produced the desired testarticle(.html) output.

maybe you want to try to change to document type declaration from PUBLIC to
SYSTEM and point to a local URL - this helped me to speed up the transformation
significantly.

hope that helps a little,
markus