RE: XSLT match with regex what's the best current solution?

> I did just that and I can see the light!
>
> Using the GNU Java regex package it was easy, but ended up slow.
>
> Now I use ORO matcher and that's O.K. speed. Had to do some
> tricks with a wrapper class to make it easier on the XSLT side
> and to make regex matches be part of template match patterns
> at all (can't refer to a variable in template match patterns.)

Pleased to hear you're making progress. Do please keep us informed:
following the discussions on this list, I think we need to go back to the
drawing board in terms of XSLT 2.0 support for regular expression matching.

One thing I'd like to do is to collect use cases: Steve Muench did this when
we were designing the grouping facilities, and it proved immensely valuable.
So if anyone has use cases for regexp matching in XSLT stylesheets, please
send them!

Mike Kay