xsl architecture issue

hmm, I'm having a problem with the information architecture at my site.
Firstly
I have a bunch of xml documents in different formats and secondly a "skin"
xml file
for each document with information about how it should be presented. The
skin file has a url reference to it's actual content file which is parsed
through the document() function in xslt. So far so good. This way I can
store documents in a clean format and simply make up new skin files for
different presentations.

The problem is that the content file can be a widely different and including
all their stylesheets in the master stylesheet through xsl:include can't
give good performance. What I'd really need was the possibility to pass the
url to thestylesheet that should be used for the content but conditional
includes as I understand are not supported..
Anyone have a good idea how I can accomplish this kind of separation?

short example

Content file  (content.xml)

<document>
    <mycontent>whatever</mycontent>
</document>

Skin file  (docdialog.xml)

<dialog title="Bookmarks" width="600" minWidth="500" menu="xml/menu.xml"
minHeight="400"  xmlns:existic='http://www.existic.com'>
<content >
   <documentRef url="document.xml"/>
</content>
</dialog>

document stylesheet

Master stylesheet (dialog.xslt)
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:include href="document.xslt"/>

 <xsl:template match="dialog">
id="{$dialogID}" style="" mover="titletext">
</xsl:template>

 <xsl:template match="documentRef">
  <xsl:apply-templates select="document(@url)"/>
 </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

I'm working with msxml3.0 on the clientside

Best Regards
---
Mattias Konradsson