Re: Literal string question

--- Trevor Nash <tcn@melvaig.co.uk> wrote:
> Mike,
> >I would like to select all names that have initials not seperated
> >by a space. Such as:
> >
> >A.A. Peters
> >
> >Could someone give me the syntax for searching for such a string?
> >
> You do not give enough detail to specify a precise algorithm.  If
> you
> are trying to clean up manual input then you are likely to want
> something quite sophisticated, and as Wendell suggested that might
> be
> easier in a language other than XSLT.  But if you think carefully
> you
> might be able to find a formula that fits what XSLT has to offer in
> the way of string functions.

Trevor,
What I have in mind is to PULL the data from a specific field in my
XML document which has initials without a space between them.

<CORPNAME>A.A. Peters</CORPNAME>

Then (removing the HTML coding using the toolbar macro) I will make
this list of names an array in my NOTE TAB PRO clip library. I copy
the list and search and replace to put spaces in. The corrected list
then becomes my replace array. I run the NTP clip and all the
initials in the first array are replaced in by the corrected names in
the second array. This is done all in my XML document.

I only needed the XSL syntax so I can PULL the data out of my XML
document.

Mike F.