Re: [xsl] Re: [xsl] RE: [xsl] Re:   is being displayed as Á

Mark Galbreath wrote:
> This seems to me to be a gross oversight in the standard, no?

HTML requires that " ", " ", " " and the literal bytes
in some encoding for a non-breaking space character all be treated
exactly the same by HTML user agents. The XSLT spec does not require an
XSLT processor to serialize the transformation result as HTML at all,
and it is pretty lenient about imposing requirements on HTML output if
the processor chooses to do so. It is arguable that the spec should not
have to require an XSLT processor to serialize HTML in such a way as to
be compatible with HTML user agents that fail to properly implement the
simplest SGML/HTML constructs.

   - Mike