RE: xslt on server-side vs. client-side

> you're joking, right? this is kind of like going to McDonalds and ordering
> Big Mac, large fries WITH A diet coke as opposed to a regular coke.

If you want to argue about whether client side vs. server side in general
can save electricity I don't think one could come up with a definitive
answer.  However, for the simple case of performing the same XSLT transform
1000 times in one place or another (no repetition on the client) I think
it's pretty clear.  So, no, it's not a joke...