Re: PHP integration with XSLT

From: "Alessio Mazzieri" <mazzieri@umbrars.com>
> I've a problem using XSL in combination with PHP.
> But the Web Server (Apache with Tomcat + Cocoon) refuses to processing
> the PHP generated and treat it as a normal HTML file, so the PHP code is
> I've try with <?cocoon-format type="application/x-httpd-php?> but don't
> work!

so if i got u right

- PHP works fine by itself
- XSLT works fine using Cocoon ( with regular cast of software )

and now u want cocoon to pass off the processing to PHP.

this is a cocoon specific problem, possibly u may have to supply the correct
media type with <xsl:output/> tag though, but in general i would suggest
asking the nice folks over at cocoon.

this happens time and again with the frameworks that are out there, and
essentially it depends on how they've implement mime tag passing.

there is also the problem that a mixed processing may generate invalid
xml/xslt.

one way of getting around this is to create a generic PHP handler that sends
possibly a HTTP call to a url that cocoon parses and gets the xslt result
then evals that code.

the builtin stuff with all the frameworks are a little dicey still

good luck and tell us when u have the answer, jim fuller