RE: xml to pdf or word

Head for the web and look up how to use a Java class as a COM object.  There
are articles at MSDN on how to do it with some of the Microsoft Java
classes. (Q167941)  You do need to use the Microsoft VM, and that's only
1.1.4... so you're probably out of luck with a Java FO processor.  (With
FOP, you need Batik which in turn needs Java 1.3+.)

You can also build (or hopefully just borrow) an ISAPI component that
communicates with a servlet on a local socket.  This means that your IIS/ASP
faces the world and it uses an ISAPI component to proxy the information from
a servlet running on your internal network.  We have a customer that uses
this very configuration to do a different version of what you're trying.

Paul Brown
FiveSight Technologies, Inc.