RE: How do you get the non-transformed character entity out of MSXML3.0

Mr Kay

Yes I may be confused on that one issue but
the issue still remains ...as discussed in previous
posts on this subject...that I have not
yet been able to load the xml structure into
the DOM via Visual Basic and then have it
spit back out the character entity in it's pre-parsed
value ....

e.g.
given the following node

<Customer  number="125487"   NumberOfPurchases="&lt;4" >Joe &amp; Bill's
Shop</Customer>

I need to return to a Visual Basic variable the value of NumberOfPurchases

in the form

&lt;4

rather in the parsed value form

<4

The .text property returns  <4

and the .xml property returns

NumberOfPurchases="&lt;4"

As Chris pointed out in a previous post...there is
not a property or method in the MSXML parser that
will output only   &lt;4

Thanks
Jim

FYI:The following is from Chris Bayes on Sun 16-Sep-2001 3:35 AM

Jim,
You can't get it except from the .xml property. So you need something
like
var b = xml.selectSingleNode("/Customer/@NumberOfPurchases").xml;
var z = b.substring(b.indexOf("=\"")+2, b.lastIndexOf("\""));
Or rather the vb equivalent
Dim b:b = xml.selectSingleNode("/Customer/@NumberOfPurchases").xml
Dim z:z = Mid(b, InStr(1, b, "=""")+2, InStrRev(b, """")-(InStr(1, b,

Ciao Chris