RE: How to select the following attribute ?

>>I know I can use the axis specifiers following::  to select the following
>>element. Is it possible to select the following attribute ?

>Because there's no concept of order with attributes, there's no such thing
>as a following attribute. Using @ (an abbreviation of "attribute::")
>followed by the attribute name is usually the simplest way to get an
>attribute value; do you have a situation where you don't know the name of
>the attribute?

>Yes I have a situation where I do not know the name of the attribute.

We'll need a little more detail than that! In general, you could use @* if
there's only one attribute and you want its value. If there is more than one
attribute and you don't know the name of the one you want, how do you know
which one you want?

Bob DuCharme            www.snee.com/bob             <bob@
snee.com>      see http://www.snee.com/bob/xsltquickly for
info on new book "XSLT Quickly" from Manning Publications.