Re: XMLDOM xml to html translation problem

This is a common problem.  You have a mismatch between the stylesheet
language and the processor.  This is indicated by the xsl namespace declared
in the stylesheet.  There are two possibilities:

1) The stylesheet is for xslt 1.0, but your server has an old version of the
Microsoft xml processor (or it has msxml3.dll but not installed in "replace"
mode"). This is the most likely case.  This is happening if the namespace is

2) The stylesheet is for the obsolete Microsoft language they called "XSL",
but you have a newer version of the processor installed.  In this case, the
namespace would be

 xmlns:msxsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl

For case 1) you have to get msxsml3.dll from Microsoft and install it, then
get xmlinst.exe from them and run it to cause the new processor to actually
be used by your server.

For case 2), you need to rewrite the stylesheet using xslt 1.0.  This will
go beyond changing the namespace.

Cheers,

Tom P

[Joseph Coffman]

> I've searched high and low for a solution to this seemingly simple
> problem.  I'm using ASP on a win2000 server machine running IIS5.0 and
> attempting to translate an xml to html using an xslt script I have
> written.  I have found code in numerous places doing this translation
> serverside using the XMLDOM transformNode method.  I have attempted to
copy
> the code but as yet have been unable to make it function correctly.
Rather

*

*