RE: working with XSLFO: validation.

DaveP wrote:
> Why? Do you want to validate the output of your transformation too?

Easy:
Scenario 1.
I transform some XML via XSLT to XSLFO, then I want to convert it to
PDF. During the last step the conversion tool (XEP, FOP) throws myriads
of errors at me. Now I need to know if the input document, which is
nothing than pure XSLFO, is valid; in order to take the appropriate
steps of either altering my XSLT to generate valid XSLFO, or filing bugs
on the converter.

Scenario 2:
I author pure XSLFO (which is inflexible, but flexibility is not always
required). So I would like to load a schema/DTD/anything into my
favourite XML IDE, and start. Without any validation tool it's time
consuming to look up every single detail of the rules for the structure
of FOs. Also, when I author some XML namespace that comes with a DTD, I
get a choice of all valid possibilities at any given point in the
document (drop down selections for attribute values etc)

This is why I need XSLFO validation.

Tobi

--
Tobias Reif