How to construct a table from XML with recursive XSL type programing?

Hi,
I'm using XSL to transform XML file into HTML document, but no luck so
far with recursive type programming, I did it with push style, but then
when I tried to use it with cocoon i received really weird output.
Although I use the same xalan processors the output is different. What
am I doing wrong, and I'd appreciate if someone could explain why It
does not work with cocoon1.8.2. Thank you.

This is the XML:
------------------------
          <orderedlist>
               <listintro>
                  <para>In order to successfully complete this
activity:</para>
               </listintro>
               <listitem>
                  <para> Review the...
                  </para>
               </listitem>
               <listitem>
                  <para>Once at the beginning activity screen, view the
four button options at the bottom of the screen. The buttons are
described below:</para>
                  <unorderedlist>
                     <listitem>
                        <para>Scan/Diagnostic Results-provides scan and
diagnostic results from the test you may choose to run to resolve the
problem.</para>
                     </listitem>
                     <listitem>
                        <para>Actions-provides information on various
actions you perform to troubleshoot the problem.</para>
                     </listitem>
                     <listitem>
                        <para>Parts Picker-provides a listing of parts
that may help you solve the problem</para>
                     </listitem>
                     <listitem>
                        <para>Hints-provides tips and hints to help you
solve the problem</para>
                     </listitem>
                  </unorderedlist>
               </listitem>
               <listitem>
                  <para>Choose the activities you want to perform from
these lists to isolate the cause of this fault.</para>
               </listitem>
            </orderedlist>

-----------------------------------
I want my output to be:
-----------------------------------
      <ol>
        <li>Review the...</li>
        <li>Review the troubleshooting quick steps</li>
        <li>Once at the beginning activity screen, view the four button
options
          at the bottom of the screen. The buttons are described
below:</li>
        <ul>
          <li>Scan/Diagnostic Results-provides scan and diagnostic
results from
            the test you may choose to run to resolve the problem.</li>
        </ul>
        <ul>
          <li>Actions-provides information on various actions you
perform to troubleshoot
            the problem.</li>
        </ul>
        <ul>
          <li>Parts Picker-provides a listing of parts that may help you
solve
            the problem</li>
        </ul>
        <ul>
          <li>Hints-provides tips and hints to help you solve the
problem</li>
        </ul>
        <li>Choose the activities you want to perform from these lists
to isolate
          the cause of this fault.</li>
      </ol>